- I am classed as a Health Provider so am therefore allowed to remain open during the National Lockdown. That being said I am only allowed to see patients if there is a clinical need, this would include pain, injury or a mental health condition i.e anxiety or depression.
- Clients are permitted to travel for medical reasons.
- All clients will be required to wear a face mask to their appointments please.
- During the lockdown the maximum appointment time will be 1 hour. The 90 minute slots will go back on-line as soon as the lockdown is over.
A recent study documented on the BBC, 'The truth about your immune system' has shown that Massage can help to boost the immune system by up to 20% following a massage session! Click on the link below the watch the clip!
Welcome to Westwood Massage
Do you suffer with Muscular Aches and Pains or Headaches?
Massage therapy helps the body in so many ways. A good massage can help relax muscle tissue, which may lead to decreased nerve compression, improved joint space, and range of motion. This ultimately results in reduced pain and improved function.
Massage therapy is also known to help boost circulation, which enhances the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to muscle cells as well as aids in the removal of waste products. These circulatory effects of massage therapy positively affect some inflammatory conditions, such as arthritis
Because getting a massage generally induces a relaxation response, it leads to lower heart rate, respiratory rate, and blood pressure. It can also help boost the immune system while decreasing the physical effects of stress.
Massage can help treat, or help reduce pain in the following conditions:
• Muscular aches and pains
• Muscle injury
• Tendon and muscle tear
• Plantar Fasciitis
• Golfer's Elbow, Tennis Elbow
• Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
• Headaches and Migraine
• Frozen Shoulder
• Strains & Sprains
• Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
• Sleeping Disorders
• Shin splints
• Achilles Tendonitis
• Repetitive strain injuries
• Pregnancy-related back pain
Getting regular good massages can also offer other psychological, emotional, and physical benefits such as:
• Improved mood
• Reduced anxiety
• Lower stress levels
• Reduced anger and aggression
• Improved sleep patterns
• Reduced fatigue
• Enhanced immune system
• Improved athletic performance and recovery